Each and every essential oil contains compounds with unique healing and therapeutic benefits. Here are some of the most popular essential oils and how to use them.
- Clove: Anti-bacterial, anti-parasitic and antioxidant protection. (1)
- Cypress: Improves circulation, reduces varicose veins, lifts confidence and can help heal broken bones. (2)
- Eucalyptus: Improves respiratory issues like bronchitis, sinusitis and allergies. Also invigorating and purifies the body. (3)
- Frankincense: Builds immunity, reduces inflammation, heals age spots, supports brain and may help fight cancer.† (4, 5)
- Ginger: Reduces inflammation, supports joints, improves digestion and relieves nausea. (6, 7)
- Grapefruit: Supports metabolism and cellulite reduction. Mix with coconut oil and rub on areas of cellulite or take a few drops internally with water. (8)
- Lavender: Helps with relaxation, improves mood and heals burns and cuts. (9)
- Lemon: Great to use in homemade cleaning products, improves lymph drainage and cleanses the body. (10)
- Myrrh: Natural anti-septic and can prevent or reduce infections. Also, supports beautiful skin, reducing stretch marks and hormone balance. (11)
- Oregano: Powerful anti-microbial properties, can kill fungus and help you kick a cold fast. (12)
- Peppermint: Supports digestion, improves focus, boosts energy, fever reducer, headache and muscle pain relief. (13)
- Rose: Incredible for reducing skin inflammation and great for creating glowing skin. Add a few drops to your facial moisturizer. Also, one of the most valued essential oils in the world at $1000+ for 15ml. (14)
- Rosemary: Can naturally thicken hair so it is great to add to homemade shampoos. Also, it improves brain function and memory so it’s great to used when working, reading or studying. (15)
- Tea tree oil (melaleuca): natural anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, reduces bad odors and can help stimulate the immune system. (16)
- Sandalwood: Natural aphrodisiac that improves libido and can also improve energy.